partner with us
Established in 1994, the Lismore Lantern Parade is a nationally recognised, award-winning festival that celebrates the winter solstice - the shortest day of the year. The celebration is based on a breathtaking parade of lanterns, light and performance through the main streets of Lismore and to the river, climaxing with fireworks and a spectacular bonfire. The Lantern Parade enjoys considerable community engagement and involvement. Levels of participation and enthusiasm build in the months leading up to the event and culminate in the joyous celebration of the final parade. The strength of this engagement is underpinned by partnerships with local educational institutions, community groups and Lismore City Council.
The lantern parade attracts an audience of over 30,000 people and enjoys unprecedented support from the local community, attracting visitors from all over Australia and the World. Survey results show:
- 89% rated the event as excellent
- 62% of event attendees were from Lismore and the surrounding villages
- 38% from the surrounding Northern Rivers region and beyond
- Attendees visiting the area stayed an average of 1-2 nights
- Visitors came to see the event and visit family & friends, or those involved with the performance
- 50% of respondents found out about the event through word of mouth or reading about it in the local newspapers
- Attendees mainly travelled to the event in small groups of 3 to 5
Day attendees spent an average of between $20 and $30 pp throughout the day
- Visitors staying overnight had an average spend of $100 - $150 per person
- 29% of attendees enjoyed food and wine when attending the event
- 21% of attendees enjoyed shopping when attending the event
- 35 refridgerators were purchased during the 2012 Lismore Lantern Parade!!
partner with us
We invite you to partner with us. Our sponsorship coordinator will work with you to identify what your business could achieve through a partnership with the Lismore Lantern Parade, to make sure we deliver in line with your investment.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities please contact:
p: 02 6622 6333